Sunday, July 18, 2010

More Mapping!

The girls love mapping, so I try to fit it in here and there when relevant to our studies.  I found this map at Guest Hollow, but I can't seem to find it anymore.  This one can be used in much the same way.  You could add suns for Southwest, fish for Northwest, trees for Woodland, grass for plains, and ice chunks (?) for Far North.   Contact me if you want a free, educational use only of the map we used.   It depicts the general groups of Native Americans, not specific tribes, which is perfect for our age groups.

Here is a picture.



As an aside, I was thrilled to hear my 7-year-old pretending she was a Native American scraping hides and making teepees.  We have so many fun activities this year, and they are going to enrich and bring deep understanding to the time periods we will cover.

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment