Saturday, August 21, 2010

Tot Trays


 

Okay, as I mentioned in a previous post, our 3-year-old is creative in her havoc-making abilities!  I have finally decided to get down to the nitty-gritty and put the work into educational diversions for her.  I made an effort to work with my olders, why not for her?  I did some research on tot trays, and although I'm not going to use trays to store everything or lay it all out for her to look at, we are going to use the ideas, one a day.

So today I went to Dollar Tree with Beeps and had so much fun!  I spent 18 dollars and got all of these items, including but not limited to parmesan cheese jar, foam, colored paperclips, gems, bingo markers, muffin tin, flower ice tray, shot glasses (to sort things into), pompoms.  I already have pipe cleaners, buttons, different pasta shapes, different beans, sequins, and more.

So, I'm going to try to include posts of things we do with her with these ideas, along with our other crafts that she does.  We are doing Sonlight P3/4 with her, along with the book Math Play and very simple lapbooks for some of the P3/4 selections.  We only read about 1 selection a day, and we don't do lapbooks every week with her, but about once every 3 weeks or so.  We took a break, as she was tearing all the components off and tearing the pages.  She really likes it, though, and seems truly repentant.  ;)

Julie

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your ideas in action.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete