Saturday, March 26, 2011

Culture Supplement Schedule K-2



This schedule is for 2010 and before.  We finished Sonlight's® Core K two years ago.  I have a few posts for it under "Cultures" in my Categories.  Also, on my Freebies page, I've got a few printables and now I have revamped my schedule and included it as a freebie to supplement Core K®!  I really hope that it is helpful for people who may want to stretch out Core K or add some cultural activities to it.  This was made to supplement core K, and was never intended to stand alone on its own.

There are seven books that are used throughout the year, including Sonlight's® choices for art appreciation, all scheduled out.  Regarding the placement of countries and length of time studying certain countries, I have tried to place France with The Family Under the Bridge, Germany with Twenty and Ten, etc.  Sometimes it didn't line up perfectly.  We spent more time on a couple of countries we were most interested in OR when I found so many good materials to use.  I used a lot of library books, and I have noted the call numbers for those.  If you don't know an author and can't find the book, please let me know in the comments section of this post.  Alternatively, you could just find a book in your own library to replace the book you can't find.

Let me explain how we used this supplement.  In the morning, we would do cultures, along with all the activities, crafts, art projects, recipes, and internet links.  Then in the evening we would do the Core readings as bedtime stories.  It worked out nice, as the core readings were just stories, where as the culture materials needed to be done during the day after reading a few books.

Culture Supplement K-2

Let me know how you like it!  I hope it blesses someone!

DISCLAIMER:  I have NO affiliation with Sonlight® at all. I just want to share my supplement schedule.

Julie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sending me this link on the SL forum page! I can't wait to dig further into your site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't wait to get Core A. This is going to help me finish K and continue till 2nd grade.

    ReplyDelete