Thursday, June 30, 2011

Saris

Sonlight Core B - Week 2


I want to share my Sonlight Core B/1 grid schedule soon.  In the meantime, I'll blog about the highlights of what we're doing for school time.

We've had a crazy month with putting our house on the market and making minor repairs, so we've taken a school break, but it is waiting and we must get back.

We finished up week 1 with Core B, which was uneventful, and I didn't add much of anything to the core that week.  For week 2 after learning about clothes of different cultures in Peoples of the World, we decided to make saris for the girls.  I'm not sure if I did it right, but it was fun!

We used a flat sheet folded in half lengthwise.  I don't know, they look more like a toga than what you see on Indian women.  :)

Dreamer wearing a "sari"




Coco and Beeps wearing "saris"


Julie

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I am trying to subscribe to your blog so that I will be able to take a look at your SL/SOTW grid schedule, but something seems to be wrong with the feed when I click on your RSS button or even when I add you directly to my reader.

    Looking forward to your list as I am planning to combine these next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to take me a bit to figure out. I'm not blog-savvy. I will send a note to the blog people. Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it is fixed now, your posts are showing up in my reader and your rss button works. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! I sent a note to the blog-person-in-charge, so all is well that ends well. :)

    ReplyDelete