Sunday, April 14, 2013

American History Part 1 Supplement Schedule

Credit - Library of Congress Public Domain
I have finished!  It's time to share my American History Part 1 supplement schedule to Sonlight Core D®.  This supplement schedule and author have no affiliation with Sonlight whatsoever.

What's in the schedule?  Extra books to pick and choose from, videos, game links, hands-on activities, and probably something I can't think of right now.  There are a few books that are of particular interest that you may wish to purchase.  They are noted with an asterisk. 

There is a light state study through notebooking.  I also scheduled art using Maryann Kohl's Discovering Great Artists.  It should be a full year!  I do pick and choose from this schedule as we have time.  I certainly won't check everything off.  We school year-round, though, so we'll be doing this core from July to June, not just 36 weeks.  Have fun!

American History Part 1 Supplement Schedule


Julie

11 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! Thank you for all of your hard work and willingness to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to do a supplement for American History part 2? I have enjoyed using this one and appreciate all the hard work you put into it! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am almost done with it! :D I only have 2 or 3 more sets of notebook pages to add to the grid schedule. I've been making interactive notebook pages to go with part 2, and I'm still making Japanese Internment Camp pages (hopefully), the Civil Rights Movement pages, and the Cold War/Communism pages. After I finish those, I'm going to finish the grid and post it. It will definitely be out before August.

      I've got a whole line of notebook pages coming up as well, including plain notebook pages from the Civil War to present and a whole bunch of interactive pages.

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog and I'm so glad that I did! Thank you for putting together an amazing schedule and sharing it with us!! I can't wait for the Part 2 schedule to come out, we are studying Core E this school year and with your schedule and activity ideas, history will be my children's favorite subject for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad you like it!

      Delete
    2. The Part 2 schedule is out! It's under Pages, American History Freebies.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! Give me a bit to update my links.

      Delete
    2. Thankfully I have this schedule! What a relief! I lost about 30 of my files in this mess. Lesson learned... I've updated this link.

      Delete
  5. I was looking for help lining up Liberty Kids with Core D. THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this through Pinterest and wanted to say thank you for sharing this. It looks like a great resource and I am looking forward to incorporating it into our study!

    ReplyDelete