Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Notebooking Pages to Supplement Sonlight Core A® History

This is the second installment in notebook pages to Sonlight Core A®.  This author and these pages have no affiliation with Sonlight®.

Wait!  These notebook pages are excellent for any study from prehistory through World War 2, not just Sonlight.  They lend themselves well to narration-style notebooking for younger children ages K-2, but can definitely be used with older children as well.  In fact, as I was making them, my 3rd and 4th graders were studying Victorian Times in Sonlight Core C, and I printed out the one I made for my 1st grader.

Why would these be okay for such a large range?  Narration!  My 1st grader care barely write a sentence by herself, let alone a synopsis of a chapter we just read.  Check out this post that will help you guide your younger child in any notebooking endeavor.  She will narrate whatever the page asks her to, and I will transcribe it onto the notebooking page.  Don't worry, you don't have to do all the work!  There are many areas for her to draw pictures as narration, use word banks to label items, and even do some mapwork.

I hope you really like these!  On another note, if you would like to see these pages for your child to write on them and skip the transcribing yourself, make a comment below, and I will adapt these with 3-lined handwriting paper or 2-lined handwriting paper to suit you.

History Notebook Pages for Early Learners

History Notebook Pages for Early Learners - 3 lines


Julie

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this! I look forward to using this with my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be starting our Core A adventure this fall. Thank so much for your hard work, time, and effort. I'm looking forward to using these beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These exact pages in 3-lined paper for the child to write are coming soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are FANTASTIC! Thank you SO much! We're almost finished with Core B (really wish I had found these sooner) but they'll be great for Core C next year. I would love to have these in the 3-line format...would you be able to send them to me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still working on the 3-lined pages. I put them on the back burner for a bit as I'm making pages for Core D right now. Thanks for reminding me!

      Delete