Thursday, July 11, 2013

Tree in the Trail Notebooking Pages




We will be reading Tree in the Trail by Holling C. Holling this upcoming year.  I'm excited to share these new notebooking pages.

There are 23 pages to work with, and the activities include mapping with explicit instructions on what to map and when to map it.  I've taken a few bunny trails with this book to explore flora and fauna of the various regions the Santa Fe Trail went through.  There is quite a bit of vocabulary to define, sketches to sketch, and writing summaries.

These aren't just plain notebooking pages, though.  I have included some 3D components for children to manipulate as they go through their notebooks for review or just for pleasure.  Your child will be writing or simply pasting information inside various minibooks and then affixing it to a notebook page for variety.

I hope you enjoy them!  You may download these for free, but please do not alter them in any way, do not store on any Internet site, and if you want to share with your friends, don't share the PDF directly, but direct them back to this post.  Thank you so much for that!

Here are a few examples of the pages completed.  I apologize for the quality of the photos.  My camera was dropped and now produces pics like this.









Here's your freebie!

Tree in the Trail notebooking pages


Julie

5 comments:

  1. My goodness! This is a whole unit study! Fantastic freebies. I'll be adding this to the Notebooking Roundup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was excited about the pages because Tree in the Trail is on my list for this year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! I love the Holling C. Holling books and plan to use this with my youngest this upcoming year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this freebie!

    ReplyDelete