Friday, January 3, 2014

Minn of the Mississippi Notebooking Pages


After making the pages for Tree in the Trail and Paddle to the Sea, I needed a long break!  I'm back at it again, and this time I've made a huge set of pages (57 to be exact), and they are absolutely free.  My gift to you.  As a side, the picture above is actually an alligator snapping turtle, not a common snapper like Minn.

These pages are basically a unit study covering some science, literature, geography, and even some history here and there.  There are pages for writing, sketching, researching, and 3D manipulative minibooks for interest.  I would say these pages are for about 3rd grade through 6th grade.  There is some writing and summarizing required.  If you need help on ideas on how to get your child summarizing, no matter how old they are, check out my link for ideas or inspiration.

There is a second set of pages on animals of the Mississippi.  I made them separate, as there are just so many, and I plan to allow my girls to choose which ones they want.  There are 33 pages, plus a plain page if you want to use it for other animals.

I hope you like these!

Minn of the Mississippi notebook pages
Animals of the Mississippi notebook pages


Julie

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these. We used your Paddle to the Sea ones and are about to start this book. Impeccable timing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I love to hear of people using the pages and finding them useful! : )

      Delete
  2. Julie, I just wanted to thank you for your wealth of information and for sharing your printables. I am a first year homeschooler and am currently using Sonlight, but for the Fall I will be creating my own curriculum to tie into our co-op. Core D is a little too old for my soon-to-be first grader, so I'm having to search for my own items. When we cycle back to American History again when she's older Core D will be perfect. Thank you once again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you so much for offering this free! We are getting ready to use Minn for geography, and this takes such a burden off me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing, thank you! :) Cass @ TheUnpluggedFamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your pages for Minn, thank you so much for making this available. Can't begin to imagine the amount of work that must have gone into putting these together. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete