Sunday, April 13, 2014

Statue of Liberty Poetry Copywork

There is a lovely poem called "The New Colossus" by Emma Lazarus.  The poem is a bit long for copywork, so I chose the most poignant part, in my opinion anyway!

For some reason, the time in history we are nearing is very moving for me, and I often have tears in my eyes.  Wait until we start reading the time-period novels!  I may need tissues with every book.

My family on my father's side came over from Germany in the late 1800s, and I recently acquired an old photo of my great grandparents, which I had framed and is sitting proudly in my room.  I think of them and the hardships they endured to get here.  I don't know anything about my mother's side except that they are Irish.  I wish I knew more, but they were a closed-up bunch.

Enjoy!

Statue of Liberty poem copywork

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment