Thursday, June 12, 2014

Gold Rush Notebook Pages

From the California Gold Rush in 1849 to the Klondike Gold Rush in 1898, these interactive notebook pages summarize in a (hopefully) fun way.

There are 33 pages to work with here.  These pages don't have a lot of open-ended pages, but a lot of fill in the blanks and some 3D manipulative components.

I made these pages for my 5th and 6th graders, but there just isn't a lot of work.  I realize they could do more, but these pages are for history and not writing class, so I decided to make them less work for them.  The age range for these pages widens because of this, so I'll let you be the judge of when to use them.

Let me know of any errors and if you want to share, send your friends back to this post.  Thanks for that!


Gold Rush Notebook Pages

Julie

3 comments:

  1. Hey Julie,
    These look fun. Are you going to supplement with something like "A Tale of Gold"? It seems like The Children's Encyclopedia of American History and Landmark hardly touch on the Klondike Goldrush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that book. Off to check it out! I did put in Gold Rush Fever by Barbara Greenwood since I had that book lying around and we enjoyed Pioneer Sampler. Here's the link to that book: http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Rush-Fever-Story-Klondike/dp/1550748505/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405087936&sr=8-1&keywords=Gold+Rush+Fever

      Delete
    2. I agree, Sonlight didn't cover the Klondike much, and it is very interesting. I hoped the girls would grasp much of it with the set of notebook pages.

      Delete