Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Geography From A to Z Notebook Page

We're using this book for a closer look at geographical formations this upcoming year with our third grader.  The range of ages for these pages is quite wide.  I'll let you be the judge.

I'm reading the book Geography From A to Z and using this notebook page and images to help the learning process.  The notebook page has a world map to note where certain formations are found in the world.  There is a space for a photograph of each formation (all images included in this set of pages) and a space for your child to draw the formation.





I hope you find this resource useful, and thank you for visiting!

Geography From A to Z notebook pages


Julie

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I bought the book at the homeschool convention yet, but we have only read through a few pages. These pages will help us get through the rest and solidify their learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it :) I wanted to do this the first time I went through this book, but never got to it. I'm pleased with giving her an opportunity to do some mapping.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I have printed this out for my 8yo daughter to use along with another blogger's copywork pages for this same book. I'll have her glue your images onto the appropriate pages. As she's working her way through the book, about 3 terms/week, I've been building a board on Pinterest specifically to go with this book. I smiled when I saw we picked the same image for crevasse!

    Oh...I noticed that you left off the word "gully" under the picture.

    https://www.pinterest.com/booklovinmom/geography-from-a-to-z/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for catching that, Brenda! I appreciate the Pinterest board as well. I've been collecting images from the Eastern Hemisphere, region by region, to show my older girls next year for Core F. Pinterest is so very handy with organization, and the visual aspect appeals to me greatly.

      Delete
  3. I was planning to use this book for my younger son as he does Expedition Earth (confessionsofahomeschoolmom) alongside my olders' Core F. I've already printed off your pictures. Thanks so much! I have GeoScribe notebook pages to go along with it, so I'll have him use your pictures on that. Off to check out the Pinterest boards!

    Blessings,
    Sandwich

    ReplyDelete