Saturday, May 9, 2015

Eastern Hemisphere Cultural Geography Activities

This grid schedule is meant to supplement a geography and history study of the Eastern Hemisphere.  It includes websites, art and craft projects, recipes, and suggestions for notebooking for various countries.  I didn't include every single country in the selected area of the world, but more a general area-by-area focus.  There are a lot of ideas in this guide, so pick and choose at your convenience!

If you've used my schedules before, you may find this one lighter in a couple of different areas.  I haven't scheduled many printables.  As our family moves into middle school, we need to focus more on other things.  I also haven't included a lot (if any) reading suggestions either.  We use this schedule with Sonlight®, so we decidedly don't need anymore reading.  I thought I might have extra stuff to choose from just in case we didn't like the ones they suggest.  This schedule and author are not affiliated with Sonlight®.  Check out their reading list if you need some suggestions. 

Some of the recipes and activities are from two books.  The first is called Geography Through Art.  I didn't schedule all the activities in this book just because some of them were too young for my oldest daughter and some weren't from the Eastern Hemisphere.  The second book is by the same publisher (Geography Matters) and is called Eat Your Way Around the WorldThere are plenty of other recipes and activities to keep you busy without these, though.  You can take the titles of the recipes in this book and google for recipes as well.

I want to ask that if you share this schedule, please don't just send them the PDF.  Will you kindly direct them to this blog post?  This is my heart's work, and may not be sold by anyone but me.  Thank you for that!


Eastern Hemisphere Activities Grid Schedule


Julie

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Julie, this list is A-MAZ-ING! We are in week 18 in Core F, so there is still plenty of time to add in some of your fantastic videos and projects. I appreciate the extent of effort involved in organizing such a supplement schedule! You are to be commended! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's my pleasure to share what I've worked on for the girls. Knowing that someone else can use it is wonderful as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks wonderful, as usual! This will be the fourth schedule of extras of yours I've used. Thank you so much for your hard work!

    Do you subscribe to Nat Geo Kids? Did you find it incredibly difficult to navigate their site? I thought it was really frustrating and that the searches didn't generally bring up relevant topics. I wanted to subscribe, but not with the confusing website.

    Looking forward to going through this core with you on the forums next year.

    Blessings,
    Sandwich

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did subscribe to Nat Geo Kids, and I, too, find it difficult to navigate. I think that the China overview in the first week is the only overview I scheduled. It's really not even necessary. I think this is a random part of the schedule, as I don't remember scheduling much Nat Geo stuff.

      While the activities are organized, sometimes while I actually use the schedule, I find it random in places. ;)

      Delete